Community / Public Educational EXHIBITS
(Custom Quotes Required* LIMITED AVAILABILITY)
We are excited to announce that for the 2018 Exhibit season, the Wildlife Encounters Ecology Center will be making some modifications to our public outreach exhibit services!
For close to a decade and a half, communities across New England have benefited from including our exhibits in their events, which have proven themselves to be a top attraction – based on feedback from event goers and organizers alike!
Our GOALS with these exhibit enhancements are as follows:
- Increase the educational value and impact for the visitor.
- Ensure the continued delivery of the most popular aspects of our family friendly interactive experiences (such as the roaming tortoise).
- Improve general Ambassador Animal welfare and safety, including consideration of extreme weather events and summer seasons trending hotter and drier!
- Diversify the ability for the public to support the work of the Wildlife Encounters Ecology Center & Farm School through the addition of an Information & Memorabilia station!
New Format: All exhibits will feature 7 species
- Interactive / “Petting Zoo” component with friendly Farm Ambassadors and small exotics.
- Educational Presentations : At regular intervals during the exhibit time frame, the lead Educator will conduct an educational talk for those in close proximity regarding the animals that are present. Usually in most venues this will include the use of a small P/A system set at a reasonable volume so as to not interfere with other activities in close proximity. Access to electricity will generally be required of the host organizers.
- Information & Memorabilia station where the public can learn more about our work, collect and take home informational resources, make supportive donations and purchases of available items & membership enrollments.
SIMPLIFIED PRICING GUIDELINES
- Minimum cost for an exhibit is $450.00 (plus travel) and is all inclusive for up to 2 hours
- Exhibit duration over 2 hours will be billed at an additional rate of $100/hr
Example: MyHomeTown’s Olde Home Day: 10 AM till 4 PM *total duration 6 hours
- $450 base price for the first 2 hours + $100 x 4 hours for the duration = $850.00
Exhibits are supervised at all times by one or more of our Wildlife Encounters Ecology Center’s staff, Interns and/or volunteers. There may be a hands-on opportunity with one or more of our animals at various times during the exhibit. Due to general safety precautions, unsupervised children under the age of 3 years will not be allowed to touch the animals. We reserve the right to eliminate the touch portion of the program or to not show the animals if your guests are disruptive, if they fail to follow the safety rules or if there is a risk to the animals or staff.