Originally established in December of 2004, Wildlife Encounters, LLC is a not-for-profit tax-exempt corporation that EXCLUSIVELY delivers the extremely popular Wildlife Encounters® environmental education and community outreach programs.
USDA Class C Exhibitor License #12-C-0051
Derek Small – Owner and Director has been delivering educational programming in New England for approximately 11 years. Well known for his presentations in the educational community as well as the more “for fun” venues, he is also well regarded in the professional environmental education community.
- Professional Member: Zoological Association of America (ZAA)
- Member of the ZAA Education Committee
- Past Board Secretary: Association of Professional Wildlife Educators (APWE)
- Certified Member: Feline Conservation Federation (FCF)
- Member of the National Wildlife Rehabilitators Association (NWRA)
- Consultant to Maine Inland Fisheries & Wildlife